AGENDA ITEM E. SUBDIVISION PLAT PUBLIC HEARINGS
5. Inlet Breeze Subdivision Part Six
KPB 2007-064; McLane/Stock
STAFF REPORT Plat Committee Meeting: 3/12/07
Location: South of Miller Loop Road in Nikiski
Proposed Use: Residential
Assessing Use: Commercial Mobile Home Park
The proposed plat is the sixth part of a phased development. This plat subdivides a 62-acre parcel into two tracts and two lots leaving an unsubdivided remainder of approximately 48 acres. The Lots 1 and 2 and Tract C are less than five acres. A soils report is required, and an engineer will sign the plat. The appropriate note is on the plat. Staff recommends the wastewater disposal note for the 10-acre Tract A be placed on the final plat. The lots and tracts front existing rights-of-way or dedications provided by this plat.
Tract A contains a 60-foot wide panhandle to Miller Loop Road. This is suitable for dedication if needed by the further subdivision of Tract A.
Parts 4 and 5 of the subdivision have not yet been recorded. Staff recommends the surveyor or owner indicate the time frame for finalizing each part. It may be necessary to renumber some parts to keep them in sequential recording order, or to avoid gaps if one or more parts never get finalized.
A new 60-foot dedication (Onaka Street) connects Kayak Avenue and Jahwa Avenue. This plat extends Jahwa Street across the northern boundary of Tract C. Based on the previous phase of the development, it appears the intent is to eventually connect Jahwa Avenue to Ormond Street, which will provide a loop access with Miller Loop Road.
Tract A fronts Miller Loop Road by a 60-foot panhandle. The panhandle is large enough to accommodate a right-of-way dedication when the tract is further subdivided.
Miller Loop Road, a State road, is a section line easement. The dedication overlies the easement.
Per Planning Commission Resolution 2000-25, if the Certificate to Plat indicates any beneficial interests affect this property, they will be notified and given 30 days from the date of the mailing of the notification to respond. They are given the opportunity to notify staff if their beneficial interest prohibits or restricts subdivision or requires their signature on the final plat. If no response is received within 30 days, staff will assume they have no requirements regarding the subdivision and it may be finalized.
If the Certificate to Plat shows the property is affected by private covenants, staff recommends the recording information of the private covenants and restrictions of record in effect at the time the final plat is approved be noted on the plat (KPB 20.16.140).
The property is not within an advisory planning commission.
No exceptions have been requested.
STAFF RECOMMENDATIONS: Grant approval of the preliminary plat subject to any above recommendations, and the following conditions:
REVISE OR ADD TO THE PRELIMINARY PLAT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN KPB 20.12 AS FOLLOWS:
1. Correct North Kenai Road to Kenai Spur Road on the vicinity map.
2. Correct the status on the southwestern corner of Tract A: Lots 6 and 7, KN 2004-79.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMINISTRATIVE APPROVAL OF THE FINAL PLAT IN ACCORDANCE WITH TITLE 20 INCLUDE:
3. Correct the date under the Plat Approval statement.
4. Correct ‘do’ to ‘does’ under the Certificate of Ownership and Dedication.
5. Place a note on the plat for lots with a flag lot design: “No structures are permitted within the panhandle portion of the flag lot(s).”
6. Survey and monumentation must meet the ordinance requirements (KPB 20.16.160).
7. Conform to conditions of KPB Planning Commission Resolution 78-6.
8. Comply with Chapter 20.16.155 D and 20.14 Wastewater Disposal regulations.
9. Compliance with Ordinance 90-38 (Substitute) - Ownership.
10. Compliance with Ordinance 93-59 - Payment of all taxes due prior to final approval. If final approval and filing of plat is sought between January 1 and the tax due date, the full amount of the estimated taxes will be on deposit with the Finance Department.
NOTE: A NOTICE OF RECONSIDERATION MAY BE TAKEN FROM THE DECISION OF THE PLAT COMMITTEE TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION ACTING AS PLATTING BOARD BY FILING WRITTEN NOTICE THEREOF WITH THE BOROUGH PLANNING DIRECTOR ON A FORM PROVIDED BY THE BOROUGH WITHIN 10 DAYS AFTER NOTIFICATION OF THE DECISION OF THE PLAT COMMITTEE BY PERSONAL SERVICE, SERVICE BY MAIL, OR PUBLICATION 2.40.080 BOROUGH CODE OF ORDINANCES).
THE NOTICE OF RECONSIDERATION SHALL BRIEFLY STATE THE REASON RECONSIDERATION IS REQUESTED AND THE APPLICABLE PROVISIONS OF THE BOROUGH CODE OR OTHER LAW UPON WHICH RECONSIDERATION IS BASED.
END OF STAFF REPORT